What I would do for Raspberry Poptarts (24 December 2008)

This story is late, I know. The frequency of the delivery of the raspberry stories is off just a bit - typically every other Friday. No apologies here! Life happens! Between traveling for business, personal, and snow storms, life has been just a tad busy.
These raspberry poptart stories require some sort of spark, and I usually am not sure when the spark comes, but I do know that the stories revolve around the Dunkin Donuts guy. He is the one who inspired these installments in the first place. So it should happen that today's story is inspired by him, as well as the influx of men in trucks with snow plows!

So on one morning this week, I decided to stop by my favorite dunkin donuts (they just had a make over, how fun!), and was disappointed that he was not there. I returned to my truck to kcik off all the snow that accumulated in the wheel well during my drive, and low and behold, my guy was in the parking lot. Its like Santa delivered him personnaly! Of course, Santa knows I'm bad, so why he brought me the DD guy instead of a 5 year supply of coal is beyond me. Maybe its because he knows this guy is hopelessly straight, and he doesn't weigh as much as a 5 year supply of coal.

The charming piece about seeing the DD guy in the parking lot, is that he waved to me. OMG, Rupert! He waved to me and smiled that ever so charming smile. So, I waved back. Then plotted my next move.

I deliberately went to DD at lunch on that same day (yes, pathetic is a word one could choose to describe this), just so I could catch a glimpse of him again. Ask and you shall receive. I bought coffee I didn't even drink or need at that point (its sitting frozen in my truck). How hopeless am I? I'm not. Just weird, I guess. LOL I digress.

And today being another Friday (office is closed Thursday and Friday), so I picked up the usual munchkin pack for the office (people better show up, because I am not eating all of these myself) and there the DD Guy was with his santa hat, looking ever so damned charming. Where was the mistletoe when I needed it damn it! This was an emergency! If anyone is looking for a gift, then it should be mistletoe. Its like gum. You never know when you are going to need it.

I saw the DD Guy three times in two days. What a way to spend the holidays. I know, it would be more interessting if I just asked him out. But then where would the inspiration for these stories come from? Would I need to find someone new? What would he be like? Its kind of like when a tv stations has a sitcom and does not know when it is time to end it and move on to the next best thing. Nope, I'd rather keep him where he is for right now, as the DD Guy with a great smile. And besides, this is only season one!

Happy Holidays to you all!

BTW - That piece about 5 years worth of coal from Santa - I've been a busy boy! And Santa helped!

No comments: