Raspberry Poptart Overdose (31 October 2008)

Overdose, raspberries, poptarts?" Perish the thought. And if you speak those words near me, be prepared. It won't be pretty.

Who ever said moderation was good, has not seen men in trucks, or when these men in trucks come equipped with raspberry poptarts. They would think moderation is a foul word as well!

I am delighted by the feedback regarding these raspberry stories. Many of you have started to idolize raspberry poptarts, smiling each time you see the box which is conveniently place on your microwave (I too have a box on top of my monitor at work - alas it is empty, but not to worry, there's more boxes in the drawers). Others have taken into providing me more poptarts than a person should have ever in a life time (have I mentioned my raspberry poptart party - bring your favorite raspberry poptart). One friend went so far as to mail me a box of poptarts - that going me going! And most of all, each one of you knows that this isn't about the poptarts, but getting through the challenges in life, and making the most of it!

Writing these stories has been on of the most therapeutic things I have done in a long time, and my therapist is verry encouraged. She decided that I wasn't crazy, just wacked! And I love being wacked. Sometimes I go into therapy and ask her what she wants to talk about! She just gives me that smile that says I should not mess with her - she has more tricks than I, but my tricks are more entertaining.

Part of this process is learning to be comfortable with who I am, taking the good and the bad. I love the bad parts, especially those that entertain thoughts of men in trucks. Woof. It has taken almost 39 years to get to a point where I can say I am comfortable in being different than others, and so much so that I relish in it. Its a way of life, and the more comfortable I am, the less I worry, and the less I worry, the less I have to pay my therapist! There are many challenges left, but they are much easier to tackle these days, and not so overwhelming.

Many of you have asked about the DD Guy. I finally had the courage to say hi, and asked him to pronounce his name. He did and then smiled (to me it looks likes hes flirting, and maybe he knows, or maybe that's just him, in either case I smiled back). I melted - Did not know how to respond. So I said have a good day, and left, kicking myself for not saying anything more. I punished myself by having cinnamon poptarts instead of raspberry - icky gross.

Then today, as with most fridays, I made my way to DD, and there he was again. The DD guy. AND, AND (are you ready) he asked me how it was going, and gave me that smile again. I responded that it was much better now. And that damned smile of his.

I wonder if he would blush knowing that I write about him. I blush now, just thinking about him! I wonder if he knows he might be my future ex-husband some day. Damn it - anyone want to go to DD at 11:30 with me!? I'll buy...

Last, a fun story about my roommate, Andrew. He decided that he needed a go-kart (because he didn't have one) and bought one last friday night at an auction. Saturday we picked it up (oh and there's a half hour lost on that day waiting for a hot dog for lunch - won't ever get that back) and delivered it to his office in Medway, but not before he took it for a spin. One minute he was close by putting around, and the next, I couldn't hear the buzz of the go-kart. Next thing I know he's being pulled over by a police officer - apparently there are not any crack houses in Medway or hookers, otherwise this would not have happened. For the next several minutes, Andrew and the officer are having a conversation. "Would you like me to take away your license? Don't you have to drive to work" the officer asks, and without missing a beat, Andrew replies "Nope!". Nearby, one of Andrew's limo drivers is cleaning a limo. The officer points to the limo driver and asks Andrew "What if he hits you with one of these vehicles?" Andrew quickly replies "He's fired!" LMAO I did for about an hour. The humor may be lost on you because its one of those things you had to be there to see, but the story still plays in my mind - big cop car, little itsy bitsy go-kart with andrew behind the wheel handing the officer his license. HA!

Happy Friday and Halloween

Be safe and be comfortable with being different!

No comments: